An overweight child is at risk of developing all sorts of health problems in adulthood, including:-
The early onset of Type II Diabetes; Heart Disease; Hypertension; Greater risk of obesity in adulthood; Poor self-esteem & depression.
Mostly kids like to eat junk food and they don’t like to eat vegetables or any other healthy foods. But there are a few ways of making easy and healthy foods which can make the kids to like them and reduce their weight in healthy way if they are over weight.
- Use colorful vegetables such as bell peppers, onions and beetroots. Kids are always attracted to bright colors.
- Use your imagination in decorating the boring foods.
- Fill it up with fiber and make them drink plenty of water which helps to prevent constipation.
- Instead of cheese or sweetened yogurt, use low-fat yogurt.
- Use raw vegetables and fruits. Prepare salads and smoothies, serve them.
- Don’t allow artificial drinks. Prepare them colorful drinks from natural fruits.
- Serve single portions which will stop them from overeating.
- Whenever you buy an ice cream tub, divide into small portions and then put them into freezer. Automatically you can make their intake less.
- Don’t allow them to skip their breakfast. Skipping the breakfast make them weak and will make them over eat at their lunch.
- Always watch what they eat. Don’t compare them with other kids’ weight or look. Be happy if they are active.