While pregnant you should be so careful in foods which you intake. It is not only affecting you, but your baby as well. There are few food items, which you should include in this No-No list. I hope these also will help pregnant mothers.
* Avoid raw eggs.
* Avoid processed or raw meat.
* Avoid shellfishes such as oyster and mussels. Avoid fishes that may contain high levels of mercury such as shark, swordfish, king mackerel, and tilefish. Minimize the amount of canned tuna intake as well.
* Avoid artificial juices, and apple cider.
* Avoid any food that has passed it's 'use by' date.
* Avoid peanut as it may increase the risk of asthma and eczema. It may be linked to peanut allergy in babies when they grow up.
* Avoid raw mayonnaise and ice cream, which includes raw eggs.
* Avoid unpasteurized milk; this may contain bacteria called listeria, which can cause miscarriage.
* Minimize the amount of liver you eat as it contains very high level of Vitamin A.
* Avoid unwashed vegetables.
* Due to pregnancy cravings, you tend to eat non-food substance such as ice chips, dirt, laundry soap, starch, hair, clay, matches, ash, etc. Try to minimize them as little as possible. Please consult the doctor if you could not avoid this condition.
You can have Avocados instead of mayonnaise, Broccoli, Carrot, Red pepper that are rich in Vitamins, Lentils which contains protein, Vitamin B6, Iron and folic acid. You must eat spinach, which is rich in iron. This can help yours and your baby's blood cell production.